Life isn't fair for the people who care
Stick your nose in the air and that's how you go far
So go tell your lovers
Your fathers, your brothers
Your sisters, your mothers
How lucky they are
Light Speed, out of my mind
I'm hurt, but I'll be fine
Put your fist in the air
Raise Your voice and declare
Singing we don't care (We don't care )
We don't care (We don't care )
So don't pretend you hate us when you sing along
Cos we all look the same in dark
McFly!
Friday, March 09, 2007
39 shared her wisdom @ 7:36 PM
Hi all of us survived OBS!!!!!! X)
Hmm i shall blog about OBS yay!
Day 1
I was feeling stony cos i didnt have any close friends in my group hmm actually there's still gwen and xiuhui and my 5 other classmates but being the anti social person i am, i didnt know my classmates that well and 4 out of 5 of them were very close already, gwen and xiuhui had their own classmates, i didnt know anyone from 311 thus i felt neglected when i was at the jetty waiting for the er... boat? I was stoning and trying to mix with the rest and it didnt help when i saw sqdms -- meaning huishan and yinhwee talking happily and zhee with her friends. So lonely T.T the morale of the story is: I am anti social when i am not with sqdms.
When i reached Pulau Ubin i was abit suprised? Erm imagine having heard crazy stories about how scary OBS is and then you arrive at Camp 1 only to see a nice building which does not look like the ulu place you thought you will be going to. Anyway Camp 1 is super nice i like i like. But i didnt appreciate it on the first day of course. I was still feeling zi bi so i dont really rmb what happened..
Belaying was memorable:
Climber: Am I on belay?
Belayer: No you are not
Climber: That's me!
Belayer: Squeeze check, Pull check, Instructor check!
Climber: Climbing!
Belayer: Climb on
WAHAHA thank goodness the one I was belaying was Weili she's super light :D
Trust fall was quite fun hmm i still rmb Kurt wrapped Weewee up in the thing hahaha. Weewee is so funny he likes to speak in chinese and he looks like zhiyi omg haha. Then we had the amazing race thing thing which was super boring i didnt feel like i was in a camp -.-" Knots were boring lol cos Aza spent 1 hour teaching us thumb knot, reef knot and figure of eight knot which er i know already.
TENTS! I'm super happy i was in Camp 1 for the first few days cos HAHA we get nice easy-to-pitch modern-looking tents with mozzie nets! I treasured the tent when i saw the tent those in Camp 2 were sleeping in! So poor thing you all had to use rocks to hit in the pegs oh so poor thing! Our tent is like connect the sticks push through the thing then boom we have our tent! Ok i shall stop making you all jealous!
Day 2
New instructor came! She's called Chiew Ling and she was from Np haha. Had some lame pt in the morning with super fun jumping jacks. Breakfast was horrifying cos i had to finish a whole plate of beehoon when i normally only eat bread and milo o.O I slept with gwen xiuhui and 2 other 304-ers (siyu licheng) the night before. I sort of know Siyu cos she sat beside me from first day of 3rd lang until she quitted. We enjoyed talking about Tan sen sei at the back of the class lah then she quitted and shu1 yuan2 cos we werent v close in the first place. Anw licheng is a v nice person too so i wasnt so zi bi on the 2nd day. i shall skip what we did that day cos i rmb nothing except tripod thing thing which was so fun! Groupmates told me i walked through very quickly but thats cos i was one of the last few and after seeing so many ppl walk up there i wasnt so scared but yet when i walked quickly it was cos i was scared o.O i was sitting up there for at least 15 min waiting for the person in front of me to finish.. very sunny lor.
Trekked to Camp 2 and was it on the way there that I met Ju? Hmm when i saw ju i was like AHHH why are you here? I had the feeling sqdms are all far far away from me and they shouldnt be in Pulau Ubin. That's what happens when you dont see sqdms for two days.. It seemed like i have'nt seen sqdms in a long long time. Esp when those in Camp one are the science block sqdms which i see everyday. I dont see sqdms from classroom block as often now so sad. Jomain should start coming for recess more often! I even miss Yuanhan cos i didnt see her at all during/after OBS. Hmm back to when i met Ju! I was shocked lah and i er really couldnt believe my eyes (not exagerated!). Both of us screamed (very loudly) and my classmates said they didnt know i can be so high lol. I love sqdms woohooo~
When we reached Camp 2 Gwen got v excited and we escaped while the others were cooking dinner with the instructor. We told groupmates we woulg go up get something but we went down to the beach lol. That was where i saw Yunghian and other classmates! I felt like I havent seen them in a long long time lol. And i saw the tents they had too hahaha! XD Bathing in Camp 2 is so not nice cos the water is freezing cold i was shivering. And i didnt pack my slippers and sandals how stupid so i bathed bare footed in the dirty toilet :(
Day 3
Kayaking! FUN FUN FUN! Even capsizing is fun! We capsized 3 times! (1st for practise, 2nd cos we were the last to get on our kayak, no one to hold the kayak :( 3rd time for the save-the-other-kayak thing thing) Weewee caught baby jellyfish. I kept imagining jellyfish around me after that haha but no, I didnt see any yay! kayaked for a long long time and i think Joey and Kaini are very nice ppl we did the save-the-other-kayak thing thing together! We were drifting closer and closer to shore (and TREES) i could touch the ground!!! Struggled for a long time and even blew the whistle before we got back up our kayak! Eating on the kayak is fun too :)
Let's try to rmb kayaking during Area ATC! Carrying the kayaks seemed so much more tiring during ATC how come huh o.O and ahhaaha Ju and I were the slowest cos we were going around in circles. And i improved this time! I kayaked with a classmate and we didnt go in circles -- we went in an S shape and ppl behind us were wondering if they should follow in an S shape hahha.
Day 3
Trekked to camp 3 and dinner at the beach was the most memorable. Many many stars :D many many ANTS OMG.
Day 4
Didnt brush my teeth the previous night and that morning and that night haha! Oops..
Built the raft thingy and went to the quary. Quary is the nicest even though we had to change clothes in ponchos after that. New experience wahaha.
Just because i knew how to set a map and rmb my sec 2 geog (eastings northings!) my groupmates made me the navigator and it was a wrong decision lah i cant read maps T.T Relied on the other navigator and groupmates most of the time and it was such a torturous trek can! I hate the huge bag and my wet clothes and shoes. Stopped at Camp 2, threw away my shoes and ate the rest of my lunch then continued walking. Met Ju again! Screamed again! Not as excited as the first time though but still very happy :D
Reached Camp 1 everything seemed so nice: the toilets, the water the FOOD omg (try eating curry chicken and chicken abalone magi mee mixed together) We were complaining about how weird the water tasted the first day and when we went back it tasted nicer than plain water woohoo. I dont like bread cos i have to eat them for breakfast usually but when you have nothing to eat bread is like the most delicious thing you have ever tasted wow wow! Anw, Gwen and me kept zi4 high-ing the whole night so fun :) But i lost the compass after i reached Camp one can you believe one compass costs $11.40? So guilty that i caused everyone to have to pay 70 cents for it!
Clearing up is so nice i felt so bonded and efficient cos it was the first time our group was punctual for any activity hahahah. After that i bathed at Nehru's toilet cos there wasnt anyone using the toilets so we asked if we could bathe there. Looked down and saw sijia huishan yinhwee hahaha. And when just as i walked out Nehru classmates (who were cleaning ground sheets) were talking about how i deserve a pat on the back cos i am in NP and i am still so girl?! o.O Question mark question mark :/
Now i really think zhiyi should be a guy after Kurt's keesiao ppl's check your ankles/elbows/fingernails thing thing hahha!!! Er ok you all dont understand this part i shall tell sqdms when we meet lol v fun :)
Sleeping in the MPH is so cold the whole group woke up at 3am and half of teh group went up to get ponchos for blankets. Shiver shiver!
Day 5
Nothing much to say already.. Kind of she bu de and Joey and Kaini cried wah 311 ppl are so emotional hmm.. Hugged and took pictures and said bye bye to the storeroom (?) the sea the jetty the canteen (?) the parade square (?) the instructors and WENT HOME!!! >.< We were talking about how we feel the urge to put insect repellent the moment we see grass! haha
I love BO SENG! <3 (I know we have a funny group name)
P.S. Kurt is also known as the group who loves school cheers (3 councillors!) mainly the oo ah cheer and nutty coconut songs and "what is the biggest mammal is the sea? whale whale!" keesiao very high woohoo and Kurt is a nice group hmm there are nice ppl there hhaha our neighbour.
JIEQI!
yuanhan. zhiyi. liying. yinhwee. yunghian. jieqi. deborah. jinqing. zhiying. jomain. sijia. jiawen. huishan.
thirteen people.
thirteen minds.
thirteen different attitudes.
nynpcc/dalt